Many people are looking forward to finally going on pension after slaving away for most of their lives. For others, the mere thought of retirement is overwhelming. It can be quite the transition going from working most of your life to suddenly not working and having all this free time to do whatever you want. One of the benefits of retirement is that you can hit the road and visit all the places on your bucket list that you have not had a chance to visit yet. In this post, we will be looking at the reasons why camping is good for pensioners.
12 Benefits of camping for pensioners
Retirement offers more spare time, but it also means less income. But being a pensioner has its perks. Just imagine all the perks, the flexibility of booking whenever you wish, special discounts that make it more affordable, socialising with newly made friends, relaxation, playing golf, and breathing in the fresh air without a care in the world.
De Bakkos Santos Resort – the perfect destination to consider
Be sure to consider De Bakke Santos Resort which is located on Mossel Bay’s amazing coastal beachfront. The resort has 46 self-catering chalets, plus 378 spacious caravan and camping stands that gives you direct access to the beach. They have exclusive long stay offers with deluxe ablution facilities and twenty-four-hour canine patrol and security to provide guests with the perfect Garden Route camping and holiday experience.
Benefits of camping for pensioners.
- You can take advantage of cheaper out of season prices.
- You can prolong your stay because no timeline forces you to return to work.
- You can embark on lots of short camping trips and visit various destinations on your bucket list, instead of taking one long holiday.
- You can take full advantage of the special pensioner’s discounts, for instance, reduced admission fees to attractions or reduced membership fees for camping groups.
- You can book holidays at the last minute when the weather is good. There is nothing stopping you from booking a spontaneous camping expedition or enjoy a week at the beach.
- RVing and camping in retirement is convenient since you are taking your bed wherever you go, with no limitations.
- You can re-visit destinations that you’ve always wanted to see again.
- With retirement, you have the flexibility of staying close to friends and family while retaining your own independence and space.
- Camping means you can stretch your travel budget so much further. While a package holiday or luxury cruise will cost you a pretty penny for two weeks, with camping you can do several short camping expeditions throughout the year. This means you can visit plenty of destinations and have more time for relaxation.
- RVing and camping keep you fit and healthy, both mentally and physically. At home, you will most probably drive to nearby shops instead of walking. When you are camping and visiting exciting destinations, you will feel more inspired to walk around and explore scenic parks. You may just take up a hobby like kayaking or cycling.
- Visiting new destinations is stimulating the mind and gives you something to plan and look forward to. You can scan the web for interesting places with museums, guided walks, and other activities.
- You can even try new experiences like birdwatching, hiking, photography, or nature spotting. The possibilities are endless, and you have plenty of time to plan your camping trips and work out your itinerary.
- You can meet interesting, like-minded individuals on your travels and make new lifelong friends.
Retirement does not have to be a challenge. There are plenty of benefits of camping for pensioners that are too good to overlook. If you love camping and visiting new destinations, why wait? Start planning your next trip and make the most of your golden years. In summary, camping in retirement permits you the freedom to travel anywhere you wish, do as you please, and stay for as long as you wish.